Okorite Joy Harry
20 UNUSUAL FACTS ABOUT THE BODY
The human body indeed consists of a lot we don’t know about, so, here are 20 unusual facts about your body!
1. Each person sheds 22 kilograms of skin in his or her lifetime.
2. Your body has enough iron in it to make a nail 3 inches long.
3. One in every 2000 babies is born with a tooth.
4. During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
5. One person in 20 has an extra rib, and they are most often men.
6. There are approximately 96,000 km / 59650 miles of blood vessels in the human body.
7. A person will die from lack of sleep sooner than they will from starvation, which usually takes a few weeks.
8. You are taller in the morning; throughout the day, the cartilage between your bones is compressed, making you about 1 cm shorter by day’s end.
9. More germs are transferred shaking hands than kissing.
10. The human head remains conscious for about 15 to 20 seconds after it has been decapitated.
11. Like fingerprints, every person has a unique tongue print.
12. The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue and the hardest bone is the jaw bone.
13. Sneezes regularly exceed 100 mph, while coughs clock in at about 60 mph.
14. The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razorblades.
15. We share 98.4% of our DNA with a chimp and 70% with a slug.
16. The brain doesn’t feel pain; even though the brain processes pain signals, the brain itself does not actually feel pain.
17. Everyone has a unique smell, except for identical twins, who smell the same.
18. The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet in the air.
19. Humans are the only animals to produce emotional tears.
20. The human feet have 52 bones, accounting for one-quarter of all the human body’s bones.