The Asokoro residence of the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu, in Abuja caught fire on Sunday evening.
It was gathered that security personnel and some first responders on ground at the time of the incident were able to put off the fire which was caused by a suspected electrical fault in the minister’s room.
Sources familiar with the development confirmed to our correspondent that Kachikwu was not at home when the fire broke out.
He said, “However, the important thing is that it is not a serious incident, it only affected a part of the building and I think it was his room. And like I said earlier, it was due to an electrical problem in the apartment. There is a police post close to the estate and their presence there was also instrumental.”