By Christiana Peter
Oxlade as he is fondly called has been in the industry for five years and doesn’t seem like he’s backing out any time soon.
Here are seven things you might be interested in knowing about the Shugar crooner:
1. Born on the 22nd of April 1997, Oxlade has been pursuing music right from his secondary school days despite disapproval from his father and ran it up until he gained admission into the Lagos State University (LASU).
2. Like many other Nigerian artistes, Oxlade started his journey from the church – alongside creative videographer Naya Effects and became the junior choir master not long after.
3. He stopped recording and was just about to give up on music before Blaqbonez heard his previous single ‘Sour’ and arranged to work with him.
4. He dropped out of LASU two years after enrollment into the History and International Relations department. This move didn’t sit well with his father, who in turn stopped catering for his needs.
5. He was chastised for making secular music by his maternal uncles. This, also, greatly affected his activities in church.
6. Again, a much needed encouragement was given by singer Davido, who sent him messages on Instagram filled with words of encouragement after he listened to one of his songs. According to him, the messages came at the point where he was about giving up on music.
7. Oxlade is expected to perform at the 02 Academy, where Davido shut down few months ago on the 29th of September with DJ Tunez.
Source: Seven things you might not have known about Oxlade https://thenationonlineng.net/seven-things-you-might-not-have-known-about-oxlade/