By Gbadegesin Muftau Adewale, Abdullahi Ridhwan Adetutu
Aluko Ahmad Fola was born on 20th of May, 1998 in Ikokoro Compound, Niger Road, Ilorin, Kwara state. He was born a triplet and his two other brothers are also students of University of Ilorin. Aluko Muhammad is a final year student of Administration while Aluko Mahmoud is an entertainer from the department of social work also in 400 level.
1) Ahmad attended Start Right Nursery and primary school and St. Charles College, Ilorin kwara. He is a final year student of Library and information science, faculty of Communication and Information sciences. He is the first to hold the coveted position of ISEC chairman from both his department and the faculty.
2) In his sophomore year in the university, Ahmad was appointed the secretary of the faculty of communication and information sciences electoral commission where the elecoral umpire was lauded for their decision to disqualified all the presidential candidates because of some infractions.
3) Sensing the way he handled secretariat duties while in the faculty, Ahmad’s name was sent to the senate council where he was made a member of the Independent student elecoral commission in an election that produced the current crop of student’s union leader. All these assignments and experiences must have influenced Ahmad’s interest in the plum job he was eventually voted in for.
4) Yinka Aluko, a big name in kwara politics is an uncle to Ahmad.
5) Before his election into the present office, Aluko was a member of the Union of Campus Journalists, UCJ-UNILORIN. In line with the Union’s existing constitution, any member who is in interested in any political activity must tender a letter of withdrawal of membership. Aluko complied with this. UCJ-UNILORIN received a letter of membership withdrawal before he assumed offices as the chairman of ISEC.
6) Aluko is a football fan with Chelsea as his favourite club.
UCJ-UNILORIN wishes Aluko Ahmad and his team a hitch and rancor free assignment.