December 2, 2020

UCJ-UNILORIN

Official Website Of Union Of Campus Journalits, University of Ilorin.

UNILORIN NASU, SSANU join strike

1 min read

By Afolabi Victor

Following alleged delay of the Federal Government in addressing their grievances, the university of Ilorin chapters of Non-Academic Staff Unions of Universities (NASU) alongside the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) have today joined their respective national bodies in the five-days warning strike.

It was said that a total sum of 23bn Naira was released to the four unions in universities across the nation, of which ASUU took over 80% of the money leaving 20% for the three remaining unions to share.

UCJ-UNILORIN however gathered that not all the chapters of the unions across the nation joined in the industrial actions.

Efforts to engage the principal officers of the unions in an interview in a view to further unravel the rationale behind the industrial action proved futile as none gave audience to our reporters. However, in a conversation with a member of the of the union at the school gate, he simply said: “The gate will definitely be opened today but that will be after a while and that’s how it will be for the next 5 days.”

Efforts are still on to get in touch with members of the union from inside the school. As of the time of filling this report, the entrance to the school is still locked.

UCJ-UNILORIN will keep you in touch as new development unfolds.

UCJ-UNILORIN

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Developed by Ssu-Technology Limited.